Workplace Harassment and Violence
4.0 AANA Class A CE Credits
Course Expiration Date: 11/14/2023
This program has been prior approved by the American Association of Nurse Anesthesiology for 4.00 Class A CE credits; Code Number 1039859; Expiration Date 11/14/2023.
AANA is an approved provider by the California Board of Registered Nursing, CEP # 10862.
MyCEcredit is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by The Alabama State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation Code # 5-133. 4.0 Contact Hours
No outside financial support.
The participant will be able to:
- Define workplace harassment.
- List three strategies for used to respond to an angry or aggressive person.
- Discuss the purpose of policies and procedures.
- Identify measures to prevent harassment, bulling, and violence in the workplace.
Total 4.0 CEs
Healthcare workers need training in workplace violence resolution.
• Patients have attacked 80% of Emergency Medical Services personnel.
• Homicide is the second leading cause of workplace death for home healthcare workers.
• 78% of Emergency Department physicians and 100% of Emergency Department nurses have experienced violence from patients within the last year.
• The annual incidence of physical assault in a psychiatric setting is 70%.
• Among nursing homes with dementia units, 59% of nursing aides reported being assaulted by patients weekly and 16% daily.
• 46% of nurses reported some form of workplace violence during their five most recent shifts.
• Between 2000 and 2011, there were 154 shootings with injury either inside or on the grounds of American hospitals.
I’m not concerned with your liking or disliking me. All I ask is that you respect me as a human being.
20 Randomized Question Exam 80% or better required for CE credits.
Two attempts allowed.