Hypnosis as Sole Anesthesia for Major Surgeries Historical Contemporary Perspectives 5 Contact Hours RN
The learner will be able to:
1. Review the history of hypnosis for anesthesia from the 19th century to the 21st century.
2. Review mesmerism case reports by Dr. James Esdaile
3. Discuss hypoaesthesia case reports showing the value of hypnosis on surgical outcomes
during the 1990s.
4. Compare research-based sedation outcomes when hypnosis was included as an adjunct
to midazolam and Alfentanil during sedation.
5. Evaluate studies showing the beneficial outcomes of hypnosis on Intra-op bleeding, intra
and post-op pain, and post-op nausea and vomiting,
Total 5.0 NCPD contact hours
25 Randomized Question Exam 80% or better required for CE credits.
Two attempts are allowed.
MyCEcredit is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the Northeast Multistate Division Education Unit, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. Approved for 5 Contact Hours; Code # 5-133
CA Healthy Visions / MyCEcredit is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing. CPT # 15997
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.